|Back to Back Issues Page|
Draw Cartoons Today!, Issue #012 -- Cartoon! Answers & Art Tips
December 16, 2008
Issue #012 -- Cartoon! Answers & Art Tips
Here in Issue #12 of Draw Cartoons Today!, check out the two new site additions: 'Cartoon! Answers' and 'Your Cartoon Drawing & Art Tips'.
Here's what's covered...
2. Your Cartoon Drawing & Art Tips
3. Draw my thing. - A Very Fun Game!
4. New Lessons
1. Cartoon! AnswersOne of the great things about building a website - especially when the subject's something you love... is receiving feedback.
Over time, there have been lots of different questions and comments related to drawing cartoons. And while it's awesome being able to E-mail back and forth, I thought it might be even better to make this relaying of information - interactive.
On the new Cartoon! Answers page, feel free to ask a question about anything you like, so long as it's related to drawing cartoons. When I receive your question, I'll do my best to answer it, as soon as I get a chance.
Then, once answered -- the information will be posted live on the net, similar to how drawings are posted in the Visitors' Gallery. Once a question/answer combo is live, other visitors (you!) can respond using the comment form, or if you like... further help in answering the question by offering your own 'two cents'.
Here's a link to the Cartoon! Answers section:
2. Your Cartoon Drawing & Art TipsOn December 1st, you probably noticed a mention about a new section soon-to-be-added area to the site. The idea was to have an area where drawers could offer tips and advice on a number of different drawing related topics.
Well, the results from the survey are in and we've now got a whole new section for interactive sharing and learning, along the lines of drawing and cartooning!
And before we continue... thank you for the suggestions! :-)
There's always something new to experience when it comes to drawing, and this goes whether you're learning, sharing or showing.
To check it out, here's the link...
3. Draw my thing. - A Very Fun Game!A little while ago, I stumbled upon one of THE MOST fun (and also very addicting!) Internet games I'd ever played. And to make things even better -- this game was about drawing. :-)
If you haven't yet played iminlikewithyou's 'Draw my thing.', I'd say you're in for a real treat. Basically, it work's like this...
Just like Pictionary, in this online interactive multiplayer game, you're given an image of something to draw using your mouse or graphics tablet. As the clock ticks away, other people you're playing against, attempt to guess what it is you're drawing. There are points both for guessing what it is a person is drawing, as well as drawing something well enough so that people can guess it. Makes for some good practice!
Aside from the obvious cool fact that you get draw and play a game simultaneously, the point system really gives this game a competetive edge - so much that it can be rather hard to pull yourself away.
You can play the game right now at How-to-Draw-Cartoons-Online.com... just follow this link:
4. New LessonsAlright, let's take a look at the new lessons up on the site. Here they are, sorted by category:
Seasonal & Christmas Cartoons:
Stocking, 'Crafty Santa Drawing', Santa Head
Football Helmet, Basketball Cartoons, Hockey Goalie, Golf Clubs
To check out the new lessons, click on any of the links below...
Well, that's all for this issue. Next time it'll be a whole new year!
For sure though, do make use of the new Cartoon! Answers feature, and again - if you've got a tip or two to share, please make a contribution in the new 'Your Tips' section.
Have a safe and happy holiday & new year!
|Back to Back Issues Page|